Studio with a branch in Portland
4731 N Borthwick Ave
I am an architect in Portland, Oregon. I look to build upon my experience with design team facilitation, commercial interior architecture, space planning and adaptive reuse to provide diverse project management services similar to my work with Mead & Hunt. I wish to expand my career interests within a dynamic organization where multiple projects require experience and imagination to succeed.
My past work has included:
• Existing commercial design and historic renovation, including adaptive reuse and building envelope restoration.
• Concept design through construction administration of several facilities requiring LEED Silver certification. LEED AP certification anticipated in February, 2013.
• Feasibility studies and concept budget reports for airport terminals, storage facilities and the renovation of an historic community theatre.
• Hotel and motel design for new and existing facilities. Interior architectural alterations including commercial kitchens, custom millwork for hospitality suites, decorative ceiling systems, parking ramp upgrades to finishes, lighting and energy reduction, and signage systems.
• Restaurant and bar design for several new and existing facilities. Particular interest in projects involving the conversion of existing commercial and historic structures into new uses by way of extensive interior alterations while enhancing the original integrity of the exterior building envelope.
• Design services for the California and Oregon National Guard including: renovation and expansion of an airport fire station; a new medical clinic; a new dining hall; a new squadron operations building (LEED Silver); fall protection systems for existing roofs; and alterations to critical operational facilities including energy reduction, building envelope & interior upgrades, and additions.
• Airport terminal addition and renovation of targeted facilities (baggage handling, entrances & toilets). Construction administration for airport’s new LEED certified air cargo facility at Eugene, OR.
As principal in two firms and senior architect with Mead & Hunt, I have over 20 years experience developing skills required to assemble and lead project teams; am proficient with project delivery (AutoCAD®,Revit®, Microsoft Office Suite, and MasterSpec®); have organized and written project specifications; and have managed design services using Deltek Vision Project Planning software from concepts through construction. With emphasis on project management, my career has focused on diverse, complex projects, often with limited budgets, requiring coordination with many conflicting interests and demanding time schedules. Serving in a defined role on your team would offer the challenges and rewards that I seek to expand that career.
Executive Headquarters, Idaho Milk Products – Idaho Big D Construction Company of Salt Lake City, UT Jerome, ID Mead & Hunt was designer of record for architectural and struct...