Import format file
Importing DWG, DXF files:
You can import the following files:
- Drawing Exchange Format files (two-dimensional) with a .dxf file extension. This is a file type that is defined as an ASCII or binary description of a drawing file.
- Design Web Format files with a .dwf file extension. DWF™ files are generally used to distribute a drawing that others can view in a Web browser. It can be reviewed, and edited using free Autodesk® tools and software.
- Drawing templates with a .dwt file extension. This file type has some predefined settings that you can reuse when you make new drawings.
- Three-dimensional entities that are saved with an .sat file extension. This file type contains three-dimensional ACIS solids saved as an ASCII .sat file.
import a DXF, DWF, or DWT file
You can choose one of the following methods:
- Choose File > Open.
- On the Standard toolbar, click the Open tool
- Type open and then press Enter.