Import format file
Importing FBX files into Maya This section describes how to import files using the Maya FBX plug-in:
- Launch Maya.
- Select File > Import. When File Import dialog box appears you will need to locate the FBX file you want to import.
- Select FBX from the File of Typemenu.
Import dialog box A. FBX options
- Set the import options you want to use or you can choose an option from the Presetsmenu. The Autodesk Media and Entertainment preset contains the best balance of options needed for a general animation workflow. Use the Autodesk MotionBuilderpreset if you are using a Maya to MotionBuilder back to Maya workflow.
- Click Importin the Maya Import dialog box.
- Conversions or errors may occur during the import process. You will see the Warning Manager report them at the end of the process. See the Show/Hide Warning Manager to learn more about the Warning Manager.